The Churchmouse Classics Retreat - October 19-22, 2017
The Churchmouse Classics Retreat - October 19-22, 2017
Relax & Learn. In a peaceful environment, you’ll gain insights into the Churchmouse approaches to project success, and practice valuable techniques.
Learn & Relax. With the knowledge you gain during this weekend, your confidence will rise. Your knitting will be less stressful and more enjoyable.
Awesome Venue. Highly acclaimed IslandWood, nestled in a lush Pacific Northwest forest, is breathtakingly beautiful. Healthy, tasty meals are prepared by exceptional chefs, and the solar-heated Sleeping Lodges are restful.
Experienced Teachers. The Churchmouse team will present practical information, help you with your projects, offer samples to try on, and lead learning sessions on the essentials of success, from planning to aftercare.
Costs include three nights of lodging (Thursday, Friday, Saturday) with breakfast, lunch and dinner (cash bar at dinner), learning sessions, activities, daytime snacks, shuttle service and giveaways. Attendees get 10% off purchases during the retreat and free shipping to send it all home.
- Single occupancy: 4 available at $1,950 per person
- Double occupancy: 42 available at $1,350 per person
- Triple occupancy: 9 available at $1,150 per person
10 Day Campers
Costs include two days (Friday, Saturday) of participation from 9:30 am through the evening with lunch and dinner, learning sessions, activities, daytime snacks, shuttle service and giveaways. Attendees get 10% off purchases during the retreat and free shipping to send it all home.
- $575 per person
- Quiet camaraderie in a wooded setting with like-minded souls.
- The opportunity to work with Churchmouse designers and teachers.
- Excellent food by the legendary IslandWood chefs.
- An understanding of the essentials for a successful project.
- An opening presentation and panel discussion.
- Regular sessions and breakouts for practicing proven techniques.
- The chance to try on samples of finished projects.
- Shuttle service to and from the Bainbridge ferry terminal to IslandWood and the Churchmouse store.
- 10% off and free shipping on all purchases during the retreat.
- Practical and fun Churchmouse souvenir gifts.
Thursday: 4:00 check-in, 5:00 welcome reception, 6:00 welcome dinner.
Overnighters & Day Campers
Friday: Learning sessions beginning at 10:00 am, optional afternoon hikes, after-hours shopping at the Churchmouse store.
Saturday: Learning sessions beginning at 10:00 am, optional afternoon hikes, evening presentation & campfire gathering.
Sunday: Breakfast, fond farewells, 11:00 check out.
Register (online only) beginning at 10:00 a.m. Pacific on Saturday 7/22. Full payment secures your spot (or spots—see below).
If the spot you want is sold out, you’ll see a “Wait List” option. If you “purchase” that option for $0 (send it to your cart and check out), you’ll be placed on the waiting list based on when you placed the order. People do cancel, so this is a good option.
If you'd like to attend with friends, consider the option of purchasing all the spots (before they sell out) and then ask your friends to pay you back. Don’t worry about adding notes—just complete the order. After your spots are secure, we'll be in touch to confirm your roommates. If you don't state a preference, we will assign roommates.
The last day to cancel with a full refund is Monday, September 21st, 2017. After that, if your space can be filled from the waiting list, you'll receive a full refund, less a $50 processing fee.
IslandWood is more than a place—it's a mission. Here is their statement: "Your presence at IslandWood directly supports our core programs, as well as innovative experiences designed to inspire environmental stewardship." IslandWood does not allow outside food or beverages.
Costs are all-inclusive except for transportation and alcohol.
- Lodging. Each guest room has their own full bathroom with shower behind privacy doors. All linens and towels are provided (please bring your soap, shampoo, and lotions). Lower bunks for all, no climbing needed. The furniture is beautifully made by local craftsmen from timber harvested on site.
- Meals. Thursday evening through Sunday morning. Dietary needs are happily met by the chefs if arranged in advance. Afternoon tea and treats. A cash bar for wine and beer will be available at dinner.
- Activities. In addition to the presentations and learning sessions, you have the option of afternoon nature walks with local docents, and a Saturday night campfire gathering.
- Extras. Attendees receive free shipping and 10% off purchases during the retreat, plus practical souvenir gifts and access to scheduled shuttle service.
There is just enough space for 10 Day Campers who will have access to all benefits during Friday & Saturday except lodging and breakfast.
After Signing Up.
We’ll be in contact with you via email. At that time we’ll ask about any mobility issues and food preferences—the IslandWood Chef will happily accommodate any allergies or dietary needs. We'll also arrange roommates and send advance information on topics such as transportation options (see below).
The closest airport is Sea-Tac. Taxis, cars, or light rail will get you to the downtown Seattle Colman ferry dock. The ferry to Bainbridge Island leaves every hour or so and takes 35 minutes. Again, details will be provided to those who secure a spot.
A shuttle will be available at certain times and by request on Thursday, Friday evening, and Sunday from the Bainbridge ferry terminal to IslandWood.
We'll have a selection of patterns, books, and yarns on site, and a stock of notions in case you’re missing a needle.
One bed in a Triple Occupancy room.
One bed in a Double Occupancy room.
WAITLIST: Please add my name to the waitlist for a bed in a Triple Occupancy room.
WAITLIST: Please add my name to the waitlist for a bed in a Double Occupancy room.
WAITLIST: Please add my name to the waitlist for a Single room.
WAITLIST: Please add my name to the waitlist for Day Campers.